The house has a steeply pitched roof, gabled to the street. The porches have spindles, brackets and gingerbread ornamentation. There are a variety of window sizes, many with the old wavy glass remaining.
Dr. William F. Ball had this house built on land purchased from Hial Danforth’s son Milton. Milton was married to Dr. Ball’s daughter, Frances. William and Mary Ball enjoyed entertaining during their first year in the house. Unfortunately, Dr. Ball died in 1901. Widow Ball later moved in with Milton and Frances.