Join Hudson Heritage on a colorful journey to seven special buildings this summer. With markers, crayons, pencils or paints, get to know some of Hudson’s earliest architectural marvels. From homes, to an observatory and even a tower, color your way back in time and learn more about the buildings you pass every day.
WHAT TO DO:
1. Visit www.hudsonheritage.org, click on the “FOR FAMILIES” tab and print the 2020 HHA SUMMER COLORING CHALLENGE coloring pages.
2. Use your creativity and color the seven pictures of historic buildings in Hudson. Read or have someone read you the short history of the buildings. Visit the buildings if you can! We think you will enjoy the visits now that you know more about the buildings and their history.
3. Once completed, take photos of your artwork (include the artists in the photo if you’d like) and either email them to HHA at firstname.lastname@example.org or post them to Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram using the hashtag #HHAColorHudson.
4. You or your parent or guardian will be contacted by a representative of HHA who will ask for your name and mailing address.
WHAT YOU’LL GET FOR COMPLETEING THE CHALLENGE:
1. A Certification of Completion
2. A coupon for one HERSHEY’S ice cream cone.
3. A HHA keychain
4. A chance to win a $25 gift certificate to The Learned Owl. (All who complete the challenge will be included in a drawing for one $25 gift certificate. The winner will be drawn in September by the Hudson Heritage Association Board of Directors. The winner will be notified by September 30, 2020.
5. A chance to be featured in HHA social media and in the HHA newsletter (with permission).
(All prizes were donated to HHA.)
THE CHALLENGE ENDS ON AUGUST 31, 2020.
THE CHALLENGE IS FOR ALL AGES – THE YOUNG AND THE YOUNG AT HEART.
The challenge was made possible, in part, with support from Ohio History Connection and its Ohio History Fund COVID-19 Emergency Grant Program. This temporary grant program helps history organizations address the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit Ohiohistory.org/covidgrant for more information.
Or click the thumbnails below to download each individually.