Thurs, Oct 13, 7:30 at Barlow Community Center. CWRU Scholar John Grabowski traces history of Cleveland neighborhood names.
HHA Preservation Awards
2022 HUDSON HERITAGE ASSOCIATION PRESERVATION AWARDS
The Hudson Heritage Association Preservation Awards Program annually recognizes and honors historic structures in Hudson that have been well preserved or restored within the last five years in a manner that maintains the historic integrity of the property. No minimum or maximum number of awards will be given in any year.
To be eligible for the award, properties must be at least 75 years old, and may include private residences, commercial buildings, publicly owned buildings, non-profit organizations and historic landscapes.
Criteria for nominations:
• All nominated properties must be located within the City of Hudson, Ohio.
• To be considered, restoration and preservation projects must have been completed on or after May 1, 2017.
• Properties may be nominated by their owners or by another individual or group. If another individual or group nominates a property, the owner must be notified.
• Consideration for awards will include appropriateness of the materials used on both the exterior and interior parts of the structure, including landscaping materials, and on the historic accuracy of any preservation or restorations made.
• Awards will be given only if all criteria are met and the work done follows the United States Department of Interiors Guidelines for Rehabilitation of Historic Structures, as well as any local building codes or requirements.
• Applicants must complete application requirements in a timely manner.
Applications submitted that meet all requirements will be judged by an impartial panel of individuals who have expertise in historic preservation. No members of Hudson Heritage Association will act as judges.
2022 HUDSON HERITAGE PRESERVATION AWARDS NOMINATION REQUIREMENTS
All nominations must include:
• A project overview that includes information about the history of the property/structure, the project’s objectives and a narrative about the work that was done.
• Project contributors showing names and addresses of all of the major contributors for the project – architect, designer, contractor, etc.
• Photographs showing the property both before and after the project was done. Submit as many as necessary to illustrate project.
• On-site inspections of the nominated property may be required by the judges.
Nominations may be submitted beginning September 30, 2021. The deadline for applications is January 31, 2022. No applications will be accepted for the 2022 award after that date. Winners will be notified early April, 2022.
Or, download and print the Preservation Awards Application form, below. Please mail nominations to:
Hudson Heritage Association
P.O. Box 2218
Hudson, Ohio 44236
If you have questions about any aspect of the Hudson Heritage Association Preservation Awards, please contact Hudson Heritage Association at email@example.com.