This two-story white clapboard farmhouse has a long history of ties to many early settlers and citizens of Hudson. The front gable and eave returns are typical of the Western Reserve. However, the farmhouse has been greatly enlarged and modernized over the years. There are two handsome wings on either end.
Bradford was the son of Hudson pioneers Zina and Marina Kellogg Post, who came from Goshen, Connecticut. Bradford moved to Hudson in 1803 with his wife, Mary
Thompson, sister of Dr. Moses Thompson, the new town’s first physician. He bought the property with his second wife, Eliza, from his father in 1843, first building a barn across the street and selling a strip of land to the Cleveland and Pittsburgh Railroad. Bradford married Martha Chittendon after Eliza’s death. After the Civil War, Bradford and Martha sold their farm to William Post and moved to Chattanooga, Tennessee, to set up a successful grocery business.