The original house on the property, built in 1874, was removed and replaced. The existing house has a symmetrical facade, hipped roof and wraparound porch. An old slate-roofed barn on the property was destroyed in a 1956 tornado and rebuilt using much of the original timbers.
William Chamberlain purchased the property from Birdsey Norton in 1810. He sold it to Amos Chamberlain, who amassed more acreage. The land was divided among his heirs in 1863, and future deeds show the “a” was dropped from the last name. Son Henry sold the property to David Kimerlin, and it was then sold to Marvin Crumrine of Akron in 1896 and leased to tenant farmers. No records indicate Crumrine ever lived on the property.
The Villenueve Family bought 6 acres of the property with the house in 1972 from the Wilkenson owners, who lost their barn and cattle in the 1956 tornado. The Villanueves restored the house and added a wing.