This Greek Revival farmhouse, with frieze and returns, has a symmetrical front facade and a single-entry door, off-center, with shelf entablature and pilasters. There is an addition to the one-story west wing and a one-story addition at the rear, giving a saltbox effect.
A sandstone quarry on the premises provided the foundation for this house and many others in the area. Outbuildings include an Erie Shore barn, granary and sheds.
John Chapman, who built this house in 1845, was a sailor on a British warship during the War of 1812 and was captured in the Battle of Lake Erie. He was placed in a prison camp in northern Ohio until the end of the war and elected to stay in the area permanently. He came to Hudson in 1828 and remained here for the rest of his life. His son, Matthew Chapman, became the owner of the farm in 1860.