The first Episcopalians in Hudson, led by Henry O’Brien, Frederick Brown, and Anson Brewster, initially gathered together in the College Chapel and later in the Brewster Store. The church was formally organized in 1842. The first Episcopal Church building in Hudson, a wood Gothic Revival, was built on this site in 1846 and demolished in 1930 to make way for this structure. The bell from the original church was moved to this building. The congregation expanded to the larger church to this east of this building on Aurora Street in 1993.