This house was built in 1876 and is typically Italianate, with a wide eave overhang, brackets, boxed cornice and long windows. The roof is low and hipped; the foundation is tooled sandstone; the entrance is through a double front door with a fanlight. A 1950s remodeling carefully preserved its architectural integrity.
Elisha A. Osborn came to Hudson in 1866 and became a prosperous businessman, manufacturing cheese boxes and butter tubs for the thriving cheese industry. His son Sheldon built a house at 20 Oviatt Street in 1883, and a house beside this one in the early 1900s.