The land transactions involved many early Hudson notables, including Augustus and Elizabeth Thompson, Fredrick and Saloma Baldwin, John Northcott, Elisha Loomis, Justus T. Herrick, Mary Bunnell, Helen Shields, John E. Jones and Perry Shively.
Eave trim and window architraves are original, with lancet windows, label moldings, Gothic trim with gable ends. Many of the materials in the house may have been salvaged from earlier houses. The home was moved to the present location in the 1920s.
Major Elisha Loomis settled in Twinsburg in 1817 from New Haven, Connecticut, erected the first saw and gristmill on Tinker’s Creek, moved to Hudson in 1849, and purchased the property at a sheriff’s sale. He was a prisoner of war during the Spanish American War.