Frederick Baldwin, a descendant of a pioneer Hudson family, built this brick house, a New England one-and-a-half, as an investment property in the railroad boom years. Many small houses were built in Hudson during that time to provide for an expected surge in population.

The paint was stripped from the brick in the 1960s, returning it to its original color, and there were extensive alterations and improvements after 1910. There are wide board poplar floors throughout the interior, and some original windows and two-panel Greek Revival doors have survived.

« Back to Search Results