Local lore, that most unreliable source, is that the builder interrupted construction to help David Hudson complete his house in 1806 and that this was once the home of Caleb Pitkin. The earliest house recorded here on the tax duplicate is 1826. There is definite evidence, however, that Timothy Hudson, son of David Hudson, built a house here in 1842; there is no evidence that any earlier structure has survived.
The house is a New England one-and-a half broadside to the road, with Greek Revival elements in the entryway. There are two gabled dormers n the front roof slope and an unground basement at the rear. The windows are replacements.