This gracious Federal has a symmetrical front façade, regularly spaced 12/12 windows, a narrow, delicate frieze, narrow corner boards and a classical entryway. Built by Harlow Davis, a carpenter-joiner. Henry W. Sabin owned the house c. 1850. Sabin’s stencil work is found in other communities in Ohio, but none exist in this house.
In 1935, this house was used as dormitory by Western Reserve Academy and was then called Loomis Cottage. The east end was added in 1956.