Harry Thompson was the son of Isaac Thompson, who came to the Western Reserve from Massachusetts in 1808, settling in Ravenna. This entire area was once owned by Abraham Thompson from Connecticut, and there may be some relationship between Abraham and Harry. It is thought that this house replaced an earlier one, which was destroyed by fire.
The style is Greek Revival, with a center chimney, small windows to the roofline and a shelf cornice at the entryway. The one-story west wing and the screened porch are additions; alterations were made to the interior in the 1940s.