201 North Main - Hine-Fowler House 201 North Main - Hine-Fowler House

 

The house was built by John Hine on property originally owned by Owen Brown. Hine sold it to Elvira Fowler in 1845 after Melissa Hine, his wife, filed for dissolution of marriage for gross neglect. Elvira was the wife of Chauncey Fowler, a saddle and harness maker, and they owned the house until 1910.

Stated in “A Survey of Historic Buildings in an Ohio Town,” the windows were altered over the years and are now returned to an approximation of the originals.

« Back to Search Results