A 1950 photograph of this house shows long windows on the front facade and a full-length front porch. The present look is probably closer to the original, emphasizing the symmetrical façade and the Greek Revival entryway, frieze and returns. A center chimney was removed, replaced by an east exterior chimney. Poplar floors, early doors and beaded trim are still to be seen in the upper story.
The house was built by Simeon D. Hunter and was later the home of Edward S. Cartwright, who later built the Italian Villa at 204 College St.