The land was originally owned by Henry E. Ellsworth, but after many owners and parceling, it was bought in 1883 by Isaiah and Louisa Jones. The house has also been known as the Seese House (1890s) for Charles F. Seese, Superintendent of Hudson Public Schools. Charles served two terms in the Ohio Legislature and was instrumental in establishing the public school system in Hudson.
The central block house has dropped siding, steep roof lines, a front gable and the original bay window on the east side of the first floor. Access to the basement, which fits the original first-floor foundation, is near the bay. Two chimneys are visible on the slate roof, but there are no fireplaces in the home today. There was no front porch on the original house but one was probably added before the 1950s. The foundation is cut ashier sandstone. The house has had many additions to the long narrow structure, including a barn moved in 1968 from near the intersection of Maple and College streets. The center front door of the house was moved to the side providing access to the second story of the barn from the main house. The driveway access was recently changed from Streetsboro Street to Bradley Drive.
Isaiah was postmaster and lived with his family in the house for 18 years. It was sold to Ray and Lotte Miller. Ray was Hudson’s mayor from 1926 to 1929. Sadly, the Millers lost this home during the Depression.