John Ellsworth, the brother of Elisha Ellsworth, built this house in 1848. It burned to the ground the same year and was rebuilt. The original was described as a twin to the farmhouse built on Maplewood Farm located on Hudson-Aurora Road. Five generations of Ellsworths have lived in this house.
The foundation is brick and sandstone, and the house is front-gabled, with two side-gabled wings. The façade is typically Greek Revival, with a boxed cornice, returns, a pedimented entablature, pilasters and sidelights. There is an addition at the rear. The property is pictured in the 1874 Combination Atlas Map of Summit County.