John G. Meade built this Queen Anne-style house around 1900. The dominant front gable is sided with patterned shingles; the lower gable is covered with clapboard. The full-façade porch is supported by short Ionic pillars set on a molded concrete block balustrade under a second-story hipped-roof porch. The house has a slate roof.
John Meade also built the Meade Block building on North Main Street after the 1892 fire destroyed the properties originally located there, including the shop he had owned. He was the proprietor of a bicycle shop originally located at the corner of Main and Clinton Street.