There is no local history on Lydia Finch other than the tax duplicate information that she built this house in 1889 and owned it until 1897. It is typical of the building style in Hudson during this time, with the dropped siding wall treatment and the Eastlake trim on the window casings. Most of the interior woodwork is original. A front porch has been enclosed.
In 1967, this was the home of Dr. Mary Anderson, a physician and a prominent figure in Ohio politics, active in the Women’s Christian Temperance Union and the women’s suffrage movement. She had a national reputation as a lecturer and was listed in the 1935 edition of Who’s Who Among American Women.