156-aurora
 
An important goal in the Ellsworth restoration of Hudson was the renovation of the Western Reserve College campus. To accomplish this, he moved, at his expense, houses from the campus area to selected sites in the village of Hudson.

This house stood at the corner of Chapel and College Streets and was moved to this site on Aurora Street in 1921, the site having been chosen by the owners, Margaret and Mary Kippen, who built the house in 1887.

The style is somewhat Queen Anne, with scalloped shingle siding, wraparound porch, bay window and porch gable pendant.

« Back to Search Results