Noah Carter, a carpenter and builder, bought this land from Edgar B. Ellsworth around 1852 and built this house about the same time. It is Greek Revival, with a steeply pitched roof, vergeboard at the gable, endboards, and label moldings at long windows with working shutters. It features shiplap siding under the porch roof and a slate roof.
This was the longtime home of the George Denman family and is still called the Denman house. It is pictured in the 1874 Combination Atlas of Summit County as the Frank Davis House.