North Hall, located on the campus of Western Reserve Academy, was built in 1837-1838 as part of the original Brick Row at Western Reserve College and is the least changed of the original 19th century buildings on the campus. The design came from New Haven, Connecticut; the construction was led by local builder Simeon Porter. The style is Federal/Greek Revival Transitional and features American Bond detailing and brickwork, as well as a cut stone foundation. The hipped roof is a departure from the architectural style of the other early buildings on the campus.
North Hall has always served as a dormitory; originally, it only housed theology students. The building was restored and renovated in 1961. It is listed in the U.S. Department of the Interior’s Historic American Building Survey, housed in the Library of Congress.