This house was built around 1841 for Philo Wright, one of the first students at Western Reserve College and later a tutor. Porter and Rice were the college architects at the time, and it is probable that they were the builders. It was moved to its current location in the late 19th or early 20th century from its original site at the northeast corner of Chapel and College Streets.
The original section is Greek Revival in style, with a heavy lintel across the front facade over the upper windows, pilasters between the windows and 6-over-6 windows in the dominant front gable. The upper stories on both wings are additions. It was remodeled in 1984 from a two-family house to a dormitory.