Thurs, Oct 13, 7:30 at Barlow Community Center. CWRU Scholar John Grabowski traces history of Cleveland neighborhood names.
When this house was built, a pent roof porch extended across the front gable section. A one-story wing on the south side was raised to two and made into a cross gable. As of 1990, the house still had the original clapboard siding. The basement is built of clay tile foundation, typical of the 1900-1910 period. It was extensively renovated in 1979.
Shively, a blacksmith and carriage maker, built this home either for tenant income or for one of his seven children. His shop was at 37 South Main Street.