We are finalizing plans for an exciting Fall schedule. Stay tuned! In the meantime, visit our Events & News page.
Carroll Cutler House
This home, located on the grounds of Western Reserve Academy, is of late Federal design and was built in 1839 by Clement Long, a professor at Western Reserve College. It is one of the early brick buildings associated with the formative years of the college.
Carroll Cutler, president of Western Reserve College from 1871 to 1886, lived in this house until 1882 when the college moved to Cleveland. In 1913, it was bought by James W. Ellsworth and renovated. It was used as the headmaster’s house for Western Reserve Academy from 1924 until 1929. It has been a two-family residence since 1954.
The original building was square. The side wing was added in 1940, and the entryway also was added sometime after the house was built.