Meeting will be back in the Fall. Have a great summer, and be sure follow along with our 1927 Building initiatives.
Built on a lot facing Church Street, the original site was on a portion of the Heman Oviatt Farm. When the adjoining lands were sold as building sites, Elizabeth Dixon, age 74, from England, built the house, but died soon after. For several years, taxes were paid by Martin Edwards, also from England, who owned the adjoining lot. For 60 years thereafter, taxes on the property were paid by members of the Marrott Family. Mr. Marrott was a laborer from England. His son, Lewis Marrott, a Hudson postmaster, moved the house in 1911 to its present location.
Great care has been taken by subsequent owners to keep the house unaltered and a treasure. Modernization has been accomplished without disturbing the original floors, doors, windows and hardware.