Meeting will be back in the Fall. Have a great summer, and be sure follow along with our 1927 Building initiatives.
Edwin S. Gregory House
Edwin S. Gregory was a scholar, teacher of Latin and principal of two preparatory schools – the Raven School in Youngstown and the preparatory school attached to Western Reserve College in Hudson. While in the latter position, he met and married Clara Baldwin, daughter of Harvey Baldwin and granddaughter of David Hudson. In 1878, the couple built a house on the corner of the Hudson–Baldwin farm owned by her parents, purchasing the land “for love and affection” in 1880. During their years in the house, Mr. Gregory pursued his scholarly interest, while Mrs. Gregory acted as arbiter of Hudson society.
The house is Italianate with a full front porch. Flush siding on the front façade indicates the original porch dimensions. Original interior features include a lovely staircase with an unusual landing, pocket doors and very long windows. The barn is a 1987 addition.