Our monthly programs will be back in the Fall. Have a great summer, and be sure to follow along with our 1927 Building initiatives.
Erastus Coy House
Frederick Bunnell, one of Hudson’s early contractors and builders, built this house for Erastus Croy, a lumber manufacturer who owned a neighboring sawmill and cheesebox factory at the southwest corner of College and Streetsboro Streets. The factory was destroyed by fire in 1890 and was not rebuilt. The Croy residence is Italianate, with a slate hipped roof and a cut sandstone foundation. A wrap-around porch was removed from the front and west sides, replaced by a portico entryway on the front façade. In the 1940s, the house was owned by architect Paul Ockert, who made many changes both interior and exterior. Of the 27 original doorways, only ten are in their original location.