Thurs, Feb 9, 7:30 at Barlow Community Center. Speakers to Discuss Past, Present, Future of Ravenna Arsenal at February Meeting.
Evamere Gate House
This was the gatehouse to Evamere, the country estate of James W. Ellsworth located on the site of the Ellsworth family farm and named for Ellsworth’s late wife Eva Butler Ellsworth. This 1898 Tudor Revival gatehouse is all that remains of the estate, which once included a mansion and 10 outbuildings. The gatehouse has half timbering above, stone rubble below, leaded windows, and a gambrel roof with a flared gable-roofed wing, surrounded by a low wall of brick and stone rubble. The architect was J. W. C. Corbusier.