Meeting will be back in the Fall. Have a great summer, and be sure follow along with our 1927 Building initiatives.
Frederick N. Seward House
The corner lot for this house came from the holdings of Mrs. George W. Church, who lived next door and who began selling off property after her husband’s death in 1898.
Frederick Seward opened a grocery store at 124 North Main Street in 1899 and bought this lot the same year. In 1900, the Sewards built this fine example of a modified Queen Anne-style house.
Notable features include the patterned shingles and stick trim in the gables, the wrap-around porch with a center gable and spindlework balustrade, and the second-story bay window over the porch.