Meeting will be back in the Fall. Have a great summer, and be sure follow along with our 1927 Building initiatives.
George Golden House
The simple, sturdy Greek Revival double doorway indicates that this building was originally built as a shop, as well as a residence. George Golden, the first owner, died two years after its completion, and his widow married the shoemaker, Isaac Quay, himself a widower. Part of the building became Quay’s shoe shop and it later housed a dressmaker and a boarding house. The present first floor display windows are a late twentieth century addition.