Thurs, Oct 13, 7:30 at Barlow Community Center. CWRU Scholar John Grabowski traces history of Cleveland neighborhood names.
Maria Gross built this house, a Gothic Revival on a cut sandstone foundation, with decorative verge board in the front gable. A corner board remaining beside the porch indicates that there may have been an addition at the entry. The patchwork in the siding indicates that there was a lancet window in the front, now replaced by double windows. In 1952-53, the front porch was remodeled and the original floor length windows returned to the front façade. Some siding was replaced on the front façade at the same time. There has been extensive interior remodeling.
The house has served as faculty housing for Western Reserve College. Professor Edwin Gregory was living here when his daughter, Anna, great granddaughter of David Hudson, was born in 1859.