We are finalizing plans for an exciting Fall schedule. Stay tuned! In the meantime, visit our Events & News page.
This property was built by Robert Hine as a “frame shop” in 1842; there is no further record of his type of business. During most of the latter part of the nineteenth century, John Nutting Farrar owned and operated a tin shop here. He was particularly famous for the heating stoves he sold. Several houses in Hudson were built by Mr. Farrar on speculation, all equipped with heating stoves rather than fireplaces. John Nutting Farrar was a town constable and one of the most beloved men in the Village. The foundation of the building is sandstone; it has been aluminum sided. It was heavily damaged by fire in 1979.