Thurs, Oct 13, 7:30 at Barlow Community Center. CWRU Scholar John Grabowski traces history of Cleveland neighborhood names.
Hiram Thompson House
Construction on the home began in 1834 by Leander Starr, Hiram’s cousin-in-law whose wife, Ruthe, was the daughter of Dr. Moses Thompson, Hudson’s first physician.
The house has undergone several remodels with two additions. The detail around the door pediments are original, but the siding and window frames are not. The stone basement is intact with heavy sandstone boulders and the first floor is supported by original tree log beams with some bark.
In 1801, at the age of 4, Hiram Thompson moved to Hudson from Goshen, Connecticut, with his parents, Stephan and Abigail Thompson. He married Sabrina Danforth and raised nine children.