Thurs, Feb 9, 7:30 at Barlow Community Center. Speakers to Discuss Past, Present, Future of Ravenna Arsenal at February Meeting.
Justin Kilbourne-Herman Oviatt House
Greek Revival in style, this house was built by George Kilbourne, who came to Hudson in 1801. It was deeded in 1834 to his son, Justin Kilbourne. The current living room, borning room and the two-story side of the house were added in 1846. The house was relocated from its original site at 5735 Darrow Road when the General Motors Terex plant was built in 1957. (Now, the site of Jo-Ann Stores headquarters and FedEx Logistics.)
There are many unusual details in the interior: it has a suspended elliptical stairway in the entrance hall with a banister formed from a walnut tree root and hand carving on the sides of the steps; there is original hand-carved and beaded wood in the kitchen and dining room walls and doors.