Meeting will be back in the Fall. Have a great summer, and be sure follow along with our 1927 Building initiatives.
Michael Moore, a merchant tailor who came to this country from Ireland, built this house in 1868. The second owner, in 1904, was Charity Norton Oviatt, a descendant of some of Hudson’s earliest settlers and grandmother of the subsequent owner, Elizabeth Walker, who lived in the house until the early 2000s. The house thus remained in the same family for nearly 100 years.
The house has a low gable with open eaves and braces. There is a setback in the front façade on the east side. The attached garage is a later addition.