Meeting will be back in the Fall. Have a great summer, and be sure follow along with our 1927 Building initiatives.
Nathan Strong House
Nathan Strong, the hatter, built this Greek Revival residence across Main Street from his father, Ephraim. A much earlier structure, c. 1815-1820, which was probably the house of Dr. Gideon Case, is attached at the rear. Nathan followed his father to Hudson about 1840, and, although he died in 1852, he had by that time made his mark on the community as a Village Trustee and a Deacon of the Congregational Church. Victorian improvements were made c. 1872, including the two story bay window on the south side. The foundation is tooled sandstone.