Meeting will be back in the Fall. Have a great summer, and be sure follow along with our 1927 Building initiatives.
This store was built by William Noonan, a carpenter who did the cabinet work in Old St. Mary’s Church. The north section was used by his brother and bootmaker John Noonan, in business at this location for seventeen years. The façade, with its false front, Italianate brackets and overhangs, is original, including the typical inset doorway and display windows. There is a simulated multi-paned window in the lower north section and a James Ellsworth tile roof at the rear. The Learned Owl Bookstore has been located here since 1968.