Thurs, Mar 9, 7:30 at Barlow Community Center. Speaker to share 20 years of research and stories on Ohio Historical Markers Program.
Ruger Sveda House
This modest Greek Revival was built by contractor F.W. Bunnell in 1855. The construction is two story timber frame with mortise and tenon joinery on a sandstone foundation.
The first owner was noted artist Albert Ruger, who produced panoramic maps, known as “bird’s eye views,” of many towns and cities. Later owned by Mrs. George Miller (Eliza Jaqua Miller), it was a rental for many years, most notably as the parsonage for the Old St. Mary’s Church.
In 2016, the home was extensively restored by Hudson architect Allan Sveda.
Address: 29 East Streetsboro Street
Style: Greek Revival
Builder/Architect: F. W. Bunnell