Next Meeting: Thurs, Jan 11, 7:30pm at Barlow Community Center. Stay tuned for more details.
Sheldon C. Osborn House
This house at the southwest corner of Church and Oviatt Streets was probably the first house built in this block. There have been few changes from the original. A one-story wing on the south side was raised to two stories; there have been some interior changes to accommodate changing life styles.
Sheldon C. Latin was the second son of Elisha A. Osborn, a manufacturer of cheese boxes during the heyday of the cheese business in Hudson. Sheldon was a railroad conductor, operating out of the old station at the foot of Oviatt Street. He lived in this house until 1904, when his empty block began to fill up with houses newly built or moved from the path of the new railroad line.