The lot for this house was sold by Ransom P. Ellsworth to Ralph Miller in 1880, the price indicating that there were no buildings involved. This house would have been built shortly thereafter. It is cross-gabled, with a center chimney and wraparound porch, partially enclosed to form an entryway. The roof is shallow-pitched, with a delicate frieze board, and the foundation is structural tile.
Ralph Miller was a baker who shared a shop with his brother George, a butcher, on the site of 140 North Main Street. They were burned out in the fire of 1892, as was a third brother, Sebastian, who also operated a shop on North Main Street.