This Gothic Revival cottage was originally built on College Street and moved to Baldwin Street in 1914. Thompson C. Hotchkiss, the builder, is listed on the 1856 map of Hudson as a painter and glazier. He lived here only four years, from 1852 until 1856, and it’s possible that he came in the heyday of the railroad schemes and real estate ventures, leaving when the bubble burst.
Much of the original structure is intact, despite the move. There are original doorways, random-width poplar floors and a steep interior staircase with its original banister.