If the style of this looks much later than 1836, it’s because the original house, by Leander Starr, lost two wings in the late 1800s. That remodeling also added the wraparound porch with the spindlework trim and the decorative window trim. The Leander Starr design was classically Greek Revival, similar to the house at 264 North Main Street.
This was the house of Dr. Israel Town, one of the township’s early doctors, an 1815 pioneer and a charter member of Christ Church Episcopal. Jacob Neibel remodeled it in the late 1800s.
One of the detached wings now serves as a separate residence at 25 Streetsboro St, and the other may be incorporated in the house at 30 Church Street.