In 1840, The Reverend Josiah Town, Hudson’s Congregational Church minister, bought the land for this house from Israel Town. In 1841, he built this house on the property. In 1872, Gaylord Bishop, a descendant of Hudson pioneers Samuel Bishop and Joel Gaylord, and the owner of the adjoining 145 acres, bought this house for his personal residence. It was his home until his death in 1910. The farmland later became two housing developments: Olde Towne Colony and Plymouth Village.