An unusual fan and delicate Federal cornice moldings distinguish this Classical house built by bootmaker Elixius S. Wooden in 1832 and associated for most of the nineteenth century with John Nutting Farrar, local tinsmith who had his shop directly across the street. Farrar was the grandson of Western Reserve College professor Rufus Nutting. After Mr. Farrar’s death in 1894, the house served for nearly 60 years as the residence of the Bishop family, descendants of some of Hudson’s original settlers. It turned to commercial use in 1963. The display window is an obvious alteration, as is the addition on the south side.